Sunday, March 1, 2009

8 Easy Ways to Lose Weight


Over the years, I have shared a lot of my favorite weight loss tips. Recently, I asked everyone I know who has lost weight (and kept it off!) for the top skill in their weight loss arsenal. My friends, family, and some other real "losers" shared these easy weight loss tips:

  1. Keep temptation at bay: "I make labels for my kids' lunches with their name on them. When I purchase treats for them at the grocery store, I attach one of the labels to the actual food package; that way, it's already truly theirs and I consider it completely off-limits." - Olivia, 49, lost 18 pounds
  2. Clock your miles: "I never leave home without my pedometer. A goal I set was 10,000 steps a day and now I am up to 12,000. It gives me such a sense of accomplishment to log my steps in my calendar each day." - Gibson, 30, lost 20 pounds
  3. Take control: "I struggled with stress and emotional eating for many years. I finally decided that it was about being 'bigger' than my feelings. I can't describe how great it feels to know now that I am completely in control of what I eat. My emotions have no power over what I put into my mouth." - Mark, 41, lost 39 pounds
  4. Have a realistic goal: "I always heard having a realistic goal was important, but I didn't realize what that truly meant. I struggled for about a year to lose about 15 more pounds. It took me a lot of soul-searching to realize the goal I had set for myself just was not doable. I will never wear the same size I wore to my senior prom. I lost five more pounds and I am completely happy at this size." - Shannon, 51, lost 45 pounds
  5. Downsize your dinner: "I have one fool-proof tip. Eat supper off a smaller plate, like a salad plate." - Jane, 29, lost 24 pounds (and still going!)
  6. Talk yourself up: "I had a terrible habit of talking myself down, you know, like, 'I can't walk 20 minutes, much less 45.' or 'I'll never be able to stop binge eating at night.'. I had to learn to focus on the positive and say to myself, 'Look how far you've come.' instead of thinking about how far I'd yet to go." - Wendy, 40, lost 51 pounds
  7. Bye-bye bread: "Before, I ate bread with every meal and even between them. Now, I only have it once a day and it's always whole-grain varieties. I have lost 10 pounds already. I figure it's also because doing without the bread means I'm cutting a lot of butter, too." - April, 30, lost 10 pounds (and still going!)
  8. Hit the snooze button: "When I started making an effort to get at least eight hours of sleep at night, it made a noticeable difference. I can't swear I've lost weight directly as a result of it, but it certainly feels easier to lose now. I think being more rested keeps me more focused and in control of my eating habits." - Allison, 32, lost 40 pounds

More Easy Weight Loss Tips: 8 Easy Ways to Lose Weight, Lose Weight on a Budget, Take the First Steps. Related Articles: 100 Easy Weight Loss Tips, 100 Easy Weight Loss Tips, 100 Easy Weight Loss Tips, 100 Easy Weight Loss Tips, Losing Weight - Easy Tips for Losing Weight.

Sponsored Links: Safe Weight LossControl appetite, optimize nutrient absorption, increase metabolism! yogic-slim.com. Get Rid Of That Big BellyI Had The Same Problem As You Then I Have Found A Way To Solve It. www.fatburningfurnace.com. Diet Tips to your successTips and information about diet diet and weight loss. programshealth.cncservice-china.de. Free Weight LossFind all there is about Free Weight Loss here.loseweight.e-siq.info. World's Fastest Workout10 Exercises - 5 seconds each All the muscle you want. Free Info. www.PrecisionTraining.com

Source: weightloss.about

1 comment: